PolyRes UV Curable Resin, 946 ml
Post-treatment product that makes 3D printed parts more durable and less fragile after curing under ultraviolet light. Comes with one 946 mL bottle of PolyRes solution.
Now you can post cure your 3D parts quickly and easily. PolyRes is a liquid resin that cures under UV light or sunlight. Use it safely indoors under incandescent or fluorescent light and cure it with UV light or sunlight. UV light should be between 365nm-395nm.
Oven Temp: 150 degrees F works for most people.
- Bake part in oven for 2-4 hours to remove excess water before curing part. If you have convection, it helps the curing process.
- Place paper towels or lint free clothes out to catch excess PolyRes.
- Pour PolyRes into plastic container (LDPE works well) for dipping.
- Either dip part or brush PolyRes onto the part. If you can fully submerge the part, let it sit under the fluid until all the bubbles escape.
- Allow excess PolyRes to drain from part so it can be reused.
- To prevent pooling (shiny spots) wipe the part with a paper towel, a lint free towel or dry brush to remove excess.
- Once you ware happy with the surface place in sunlight for 2-5 minutes or under UV light (times will vary.)
- Part can be put back in the oven to finish the cure for 1-2 hours. You can store PolyRes in plastic container with lid in a cool dry place. The resin with not cure until light hits it. However open containers and/or heat will cause PolyRes to get thicker. If you are curing moving parts like the rotating bearing shown in the picture, you should get a UV flashlight to spot cure the part.
- You can use a cloth & flashlight to wipe, cure and turn the part. Once you get the hang of it, you can cure moving parts pretty easily.